As a health coach in the trenches daily, I have found many small details that will slow the scale way down! It gets frustrating for clients to work very hard and not see the ‘needle’ move on the scale. They will scratch their heads, wondering why their body is being so stubborn. Sometimes it is discouraging enough that they stop their journey. That makes me so sad, because I always know it is the little things that make the difference. We all know the big mistakes will get in the way, but here are some definite scale blockers:
- Eating heavy food, too late at night. (After 8pm).
- Not eating within one hour of waking to jump start your metabolism.
- Being too active, including strenuous exercise when eating a low carb, low fat, low calorie diet will stop the scale. (I know this goes against the normal advice of mainstream medicine).
- Half & Half, whole milk, almond milk, all creamers (especially the powdered ones).
- Eating too much animal protein, especially a lot of red meat each week.
- Alcohol, even a small amount could be dangerous on a very low carb diet, and will stop the body from burning fat for 2-3 days!
- Diet sodas. Very acidic and can cause the body to crave more sugars.
- Sweet N’ Low, Equal, even too many zero calorie sweeteners can slow the scale.
- Constipation, which is usually from not enough water and/or greens.
- Not enough water to flush the body. At least 64 ounces per day or more.
- Too much caffeine sometimes slows the scale.
- Too many gums and mints, especially if they are made with aspartame.
- Dips, dressings, sauces, and seasonings with hidden sugars and fats.
- Eating out more than one or two meals per week. They add extra sodium, fat and sugars in their foods. Be weary, even with “grilled” foods.
These are just some details that might be derailing your weight loss efforts. Tighten them up and watch what the scale does!
WHAT ARE YOU DOING THAT MIGHT BE SLOWING THE SCALE DOWN?