For the last couple of weeks now, I have been following a weight loss protocol. A very restricted one at that! Although, it is working out beautifully for me, my emotions have been going through quite the roller coaster ride… If you have ever followed a weight loss protocol yourself, you know exactly what I mean!
Losing weight is a struggle and anyone who tells you otherwise well, they are either lying or have extraordinary self-control. And good for them if they do! Unfortunately, we are not all so confident and ready to give up our favorite things in life. Let me tell you, I have had my share of ups and downs. Some days, I am so committed and love every minute of my journey but there are other days where I just want to quit and have slice of deep-dish pizza with some double chocolate chip cookies on the side! … The good news is: I am getting better at ignoring the temptations. I find that with time, they are slowly drifting away allowing me get closer and closer to my goal weight. 15 lbs down, 15 lbs to go! Never had I thought this journey of mine would be such a lengthy process and that it would require so much willpower. It’s all in the head though… I find myself craving things that I have never even really liked in the past… Weird! Right? But I guess, like many other things, we want what we can’t have.
In the end, I am so proud of my results and that I am finally achieving a goal that has been long over due. Just like many of you!
Recently, I came across this article by Jenny Sugar from PopSugar Fitness’ Healthy Living section where she quite accurately describes the many emotions that most women go through while losing weight. I would like to share these thoughts with you as I myself have experienced some of these exact thoughts! Take a look:
- Stepped on the scale: Diet starts today! No more excuses!
- But… I want to eat everything in sight!
- Nope, not that plain salad
- The brownie. The. Entire. Pan!
- Sometimes, I do…
- But, then I feel sad about it: Why did I eat so much food!?!
- But, tomorrow, I get a fresh start
- I curse my 6am alarm clock.
- But then, I remember how awesome it feels to break a good sweat
- Even though I secretly despise those “fit” girls at the gym
- Their determination is so inspirational though!
- I know that one day, I will look like that!
- But boy! Do I ever hate squats …
- My new butt looks great though!
- Too bad for my butt that I love eating & drinking just as much
- Stress makes me want to eat! Fun fact: Stressed is desserts spelled backwards
- Being happy also makes me want to eat
- Being bored too…
- What can I say? I love carbs!
- And Ice cream
- And anything deep fried served on a stick or smothered in chocolate or cheese
- Yep, always in the mood for food
- But, I stand firm and think about how hot I will look in my bikini this summer
- Or, how jealous my ex will be!
- Or, how healthy I will be for my kids!
- Yep, losing weight isn’t easy…
- But, feeling good in my new body makes it all so worthwhile
- So, I make spinach smoothies for breakfast
- Run instead of going to happy hour after work
- And, do some reps while watching Games Of Thrones
- It’s all about baby steps, But I’ve got my eye on the prize!
So, am I just crazy or have you as well gone through similar emotions? Be honest!
This website contains general information about medical conditions, nutrition, health and diets.
To view our disclaimers click here.