Lavender Ice Cream
Calming your body and mind
Who doesn’t love ice cream when they’re feeling a little stressed or overwhelmed? Take the time to create this healthy ketogenic-friendly, vegan, ice cream alternative. Not only will you feel less guilty when you eat it, you’ll also support your body when it’s stressed. A win-win!
If you are following a certain protocol that does not allow for an ingredient that is listed below, please feel free to remove it from the recipe. If you need suggestions for substitutions, email us at email@example.com
3 Cans Coconut milk, full fat (13.5 oz each)
1 Stevia, optional
4 lavender essential oil, drops
- Chill 2 cans of coconut milk in the refrigerator for at least 6 hours, preferably overnight.
- Empty the contents of the other 1 cans of coconut milk into a saucepan.
- Add the vanilla; bring to a simmer, stir once.
- Gently simmer for 30 minutes, or until the milk is thick and has reduced by half.
- Remove from heat and let cool completely.
- Open the 2 cans of chilled coconut milk. The cream should have risen to the top. Carefully scoop the cream into a chilled mixing bowl.
- With an electric beater or manually, whip up the coconut cream on high speed until it's light and fluffy, 3-4 minutes.
- Add the condensed coconut milk and whip on high speed for another 2-3 minutes.
- Add lavender essential oil.
- Taste and adjust flavors as needed - adding more stevia or vanilla or lavender.
- Transfer to a container (with cover). You can take this out in a couple of hours for a chilled mousse-like ice cream.
- Freeze overnight for a firmer ice cream.
- Set out for at least 20 minutes prior to scooping.
Did you know?
Lavender is an essential oil known to bring calmness and healing properties either through inhalation, ingestion or topical use. In fact, certain studies have shown that the use of lavender oil will reduce anxiety by 20% during stressful situations.
Other recipes you'll love