What information do we collect?
We collect information from you when you register on our site, place an order, subscribe to our newsletter, respond to a survey, request a promotional asset/downloadable file or fill out a form.
When ordering or registering on our site, as appropriate, you may be asked to enter your: name, e-mail address, mailing address, phone number and credit card information.
You may, however, visit our site anonymously.
We also collect log information when you use our website. That information includes, among other things:
- details about how you’ve used LowFatLowCarb.com.
- web browser type
- device language.
- access times.
- access frequency
- pages viewed.
- IP address.
- identifiers associated with cookies or other technologies that may uniquely identify your device or browser.
- pages you visited before or after navigating to our website.
When do we collect information?
- When you register for an account with us or interact with our Services (such as browsing our recipes or products online), we may collect registration and demographic details such as your name, address, phone number, username and password, email address, date of birth, payment information and Location Data. “Location Data” means either approximate location or, with your consent, your precise location.
- When you input data pertaining to your recipe or diet preferences, within our Services or use our Services that collect or infer such data from mobile device sensors. “Recipe or diet preferences” includes data you provide related to your tastes in food, allergies, ailments or health issues related to nutrition.
- When you participate in special activities, offers, or campaigns, such as contests, challenges, sweepstakes, other promotions, surveys, or research activities or initiatives. In such cases, we may collect Personal Data, such as name, address, email address, telephone number and age and other information that is required for participation. If you win a prize in connection with a contest, challenge, etc., we also may need to collect certain tax information, waivers and releases, depending on the prize.
- When you interact with our online communities, such as submitting content, leaving reviews, or otherwise entering information into comment fields, blogs, message boards, events, we may collect certain Personal Data.
- When you interact or engage with advertising on the Services and/or Third-Party platforms, we may collect Personal Data over the course of such interactions.
What do we use your information for?
It’s difficult to provide you with our tools and site features without collecting some of your personal data. For example, how can we suggest recipes if you don’t tell us what your preference is or what your allergies are? How can we send you prizes or purchased products if you don’t tell us your mailing address?
Any of the information we collect from you may be used in one of the following ways:
- To personalize your experience (your information helps us to better respond to your individual needs)
- To improve our website (we continually strive to improve our website offerings based on the information and feedback we receive from you)
- To improve customer service (your information helps us to more effectively respond to your customer service requests and support needs)
- To administer a contest, promotion, survey or other site feature
- To send periodic emails. The email address you provide for membership sign-up may be used to send you information and updates pertaining to the website, in addition to receiving occasional company news, updates, related product or service information, etc.
How do we protect your information?
We implement a variety of security measures to maintain the safety of your personal information when you place an order or access your personal information.
We offer the use of a secure server. All supplied sensitive/credit information is transmitted via Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology and then encrypted into our Payment gateway providers database only to be accessible by those authorized with special access rights to such systems, and are required to keep the information confidential.
After any purchase/transaction, your private information (credit cards, social security numbers, financials, etc.) will not be kept on file for more than 60 days.
Yes, Cookies are small files that a site or its service provider transfers to your computers hard drive through your Web browser (if you allow) that enables the sites or service providers systems to recognize your browser and capture and remember certain information.
Cookies allow us to better serve you the information and/or content most relevant to you and your nutritional preferences. The lifespan (time the cookie is active) can vary depending on the individual function, it can be as little as 5 minutes or as long as 1 year.
MANAGING/DELETING YOUR COOKIES: To learn how to access your cookie settings in your browser, please follow the appropriate link below.
Google Chrome – https://productforums.google.com/forum/#!topic/chrome/Rd9CA4c8ods
Mozilla Firefox – https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/enable-and-disable-cookies-website-preferences
Microsoft Internet Explorer – https://support.microsoft.com/en-ca/help/17442/windows-internet-explorer-delete-manage-cookies
Microsoft Edge – https://support.microsoft.com/en-ca/products/microsoft-edge
Apple Safari – https://support.apple.com/kb/ph21411?locale=en_US
We do not sell, trade, or otherwise transfer to outside parties your personally identifiable information. This does not include trusted third parties who assist us in operating our website, conducting our business, or servicing you, so long as those parties agree to keep this information confidential. We may also release your information when we believe release is appropriate to comply with the law, enforce our site policies, or protect ours or others rights, property, or safety. However, non-personally identifiable visitor information may be provided to other parties for marketing, advertising, or other uses.
Google Analytics is also used to track user data such as demographics (sex, age-range and broad-location), interests and your beahvior on LowFatLowCarb.com (which pages you visited and where you clicked). We allow Google to collect this information to better customize our website, services and content to meet your wants and needs as a user.
Online Privacy Protection Act Compliance
Because we value your privacy we have taken the necessary precautions to be in compliance with the Canadian Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act (PIPEDA). We, therefore, will not distribute your personal information to outside parties without your consent.
As a Controller of personal data, we have altered LowFatLowCarb.com to be GDPR compliant. The changes we have made are global and all users worldwide can benefit from the added privacy and control.
Terms and Conditions
Please also visit our Terms and Conditions section establishing the use, disclaimers, and limitations of liability governing the use of our website here.
Data Privacy Consents
Any of the instances of data collection feature a tick-box, “Yes or No” selection or button that you must click to consent to us collecting your data. These consent actions can be found on pop-ups, lightboxes or embedded in a page.
If you’ve reviewed the Data Privacy Consents presented on LowFatLowCarb.com and decided that you would not like to provide one or more of the consents, then you may not be able to access your account or make use of the tools found on the website. This is because our website relies on the collection, use, processing and transfer of your personal data to enable the app to provide its features and functionality. Without your consent to the collection, use, processing and transfer of your personal data, some features cannot operate.
If you haven’t already, please click the Accept button on the bar at the bottom of the screen to give consent for LowFatLowCarb.com to use your personal data (listed at the top of the page) to improve the functionality and personalization of the site. If you no longer see the bar, it’s because you have already Accepted in the last 12 months.
Even if you do not provide all of the required Data Privacy Consents, you will still be able to access some of the incredible features and content available on LowFatLowCarb.com. Our articles, blogs and quizzes are all accessible without inputting your information.
Accessing your personal data
As a resident of the EU, you have the right to request access to, and remove your personal data that we have collected and stored. As a reminder, personal data does not mean all data.
To request access to, or to remove your personal data, please send an email to email@example.com
LowFatLowCarb.com is meant for adults. Our features, services and content are not designed to appeal to minors and we do not knowingly collect information on children under 13 without parental consent.
If you believe we have collected information from a person under 13 and would like the information removed, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Parents can learn more about how to protect children’s privacy online here.