Do you love peanut butter?
On this day we’d like to present to you 5 things you may not have known about peanuts and peanut butter. We’re also going to share how peanuts can be beneficial to your diet.
You’re Nuts If You Don’t Believe These:
- Elvis Presley’s favorite sandwich was reported to be peanut butter and banana
- Peanut, Upper Peanut and Lower Peanut are all places in Pennsylvania
- Creamy peanut butter is preferred by women and those on the East coast
- Some peanut butter products have compounds from red algae inside (it helps to spread it!)
- Today, China and India are the biggest producers of peanuts in the world
If we think about nut-rition, it’s clear that peanuts can stand out from the crowd. Especially as they’re technically a legume, which means they really stand out!
Even if we just look at peanuts as a source of energy, just 3.5 ounces can provide over 500 calories. That’s over a quarter of the National recommended caloric intake for women.
Let’s Get Passionut About Nutrition:
- Peanuts contain large amounts of minerals, such as;
- manganese, magnesium and phosphorus
- Peanuts contain antioxidants
- While some fiber is present, the peanut is mainly known for its high protein content
- 25% protein is the average amount you can expect!
- The fat in peanuts is around 50% monounsaturated and 30% polyunsaturated
- The Glycemic Index of peanuts is just 14 (Measured out of 100)
- The fiber content in peanuts make up over 32% of the total carbohydrates
Not extensive, but certainly useful information. We’ll take any opportunuty to talk about food with you.
After absorbing that information you may be tired, so we’ve got a peanut butter snack to boost your energy!
Plus, you get to celebrate Peanut Butter Lover’s Day without cheating on your healthy eating efforts.
Here’s the link if you want to see the full recipe for this peanut butter snack.
This website contains general information about medical conditions, nutrition, health and diets.
To view our disclaimers click here.