Here are some helpful hints:
- Shop on the outside parameter of the grocery store, avoiding the rows of processed, high sodium, sugary foods, snacks and soda.
- Plan to eat 5 or 6 meals a day. Maybe 2 or 3 larger meals, and 2 snacks. And try not to go more than 4 hours without some kind of food. Make sure you eat some lean protein with each meal and limit your carbohydrate intake.
- Get good fiber from your vegetables.
- Essential fatty acids (EFA) or healthy fats are important to help insulin resistance. You can eat tuna, eggs, cold-water fish, and salmon. You can also take fish oil supplements. Make sure you take pharmaceutical-grade supplements.
- Drink alcohol in moderation.
- Get plenty of sleep. Many experts tell us 7-8 hours is helpful.
- Stop smoking.
- Reduce your stress with some light, but consistent exercise or some kind of movement, or stretching. Yoga is a good choice for many. Deep breathing and meditation also help reduce stress; which reduces cortisol and helps to control insulin.
IS MENOPAUSE MAKING YOU CRAZY??
This website contains general information about medical conditions, nutrition, health and diets.
To view our disclaimers click here.