Tagged: 

This topic contains 2 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Patricia J. 1 week ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

James G.
    Participant

Not sure if this is the right forum to post this on, but I’m looking for ideas on recipes specifically designed for fueling a weight-lifting workout. Should these be mostly focused on protein? high carb? low carb? protein or meal replacement drinks? There’s a lot of confusing info out there, but nothing overly scientific that I’ve been able to find… just curious if anyone has any experience with this. I’ve tried weight-lifting forums, but those are equally non-scientific and everyone seems to say something different.

Lacey T.
    Participant

I’d like to know as well….I’ve trained before and was encouraged protein for muscles, simple clean recipes, like….chicken breast marinated in freshly squeezed lemon, garlic and parsley, bake and have with a grain I used quinoa and some vegatbles. I had chicken breast twice a day six meals a day, had shakes, and was encouraged breakfast that provides energy and fuel too….be nice to have a section breakfast lunch and dinner recipes for muscle gains……following…hopefully someone points us in the right direction 🙂

Patricia J.
    Keymaster

Hi,

Thanks for your comments!

I’m Patricia – Nutritionist at LFLC.

For the moment, our recipes are not categorized by specific health goals.  That’s coming in the future so stay tuned!

Macronutrient balancing is very specific to the individual, their metabolic type and their goals.  I can say, generally, that if you are looking to get LEAN, you would want a high protein and low carb macro balance.  If you are looking for muscle GAINS, you would want a higher carb to muscle ratio.

You may find this image helpful:

Image 2018-05-16 at 9.24.58 AM.png

All of our recipes have nutritional information included.  Look for a 2:1 protein to carb ratio for main meals and/or snacks.  Pre-training you would be looking at a 4:1 carb to protein ratio.

I hope this helps!

Patricia

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.