This topic contains 4 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  Patricia J. 23 hours, 16 minutes ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

Patricia W.
    Participant

How can i track my macros or know what macros to eat? I know I can get the nutritional info on the lflc recipes but i’m just like… isn’t there an easy way to track that?

James G.
    Participant

It’s actually not that easy to keep track of. Have you figured out what your macronutrient requirements actually are? That’s the first step.

Sandra M.
    Participant

Hey guys! I made an account with myfitness pal and you can keep track of your macros there. its really easy. it even caculates what macros your body needs depending on what you wanna do, like if you’re looking to lose weight or gain weight and your body type.
    anyway, check it out bc you can just make a recipe on there and it’ll track your macros as long as you enter the ingredients right.

Patricia J.
    Keymaster

Hi,

I’m Patricia – Nutritionist at LFLC.

Right now we don’t have a macro calculator but I would recommend this one:

https://healthyeater.com/flexible-dieting-calculator

There are different things to consider but generally, if you are trying to lose weight, you would benefit from a 40% protein, 30% fat and 30% carb ratio.

Let us know if you have any questions!

Patricia

Patricia J.
    Keymaster

Hi Sandra,

Yes – MyFitnessPal is a great app!  Just remember that you can customize your macros to be the ratio that you want.  I find that their default setting is often 50% carbs so have a look in your app and lessen the carbs if you’re on a weight loss journey.

Patricia

Nutritionist LFLC

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.