This topic contains 2 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Amy S. 2 weeks, 2 days ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

Kathy W.

One of my biggest struggles as a mom has been getting my kids to eat the same meals that I make for myself and my husband. I wanted to see if anyone here has any tips or strategies? Some more details:

– My kids are 2 and 4
    – Generally they will eat what we have about 50% of the time, the other 50% they refuse to outright eat at all and demand different foods.

What I’ve tried in the past:
    – Not forcing my kids to eat if they refuse
    – Getting the kids involved in the meal planning and making
    – Use a reward system

James G.

The most success I’ve seen is by getting my kids to understand that if they don’t eat what is put in front of them then they get nothing else. Of course, it’s age-specific, you can’t really explain that to a two-year-old, but as they get older they should be able to get the concept.

Amy S.

You can always bribe them. Like if they eat your food, they get more playtime on videogames, or they can have a friend over if they eat more veggies or whatever dish you have. I know its annoying but kids will be kids. Even I was a picky eater and my parents didn’t follow any specific diets. I say to let them live a little if you don’t want them hating you . lol

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.