- Body lotion: Coconut oil mixed with Shea butter will leave your body feeling so moisturized.
- Hair Mask: Spread a tablespoon or two onto the ends of your hair, bag it up for the night and let the coconut oil get to work. In your morning shower, your hair will feel conditioned and revitalized.
- Makeup Remover: Take a pea-sized portion of coconut oil and gently start rubbing your eyes. Not even waterproof makeup will stand a chance!
- Exfoliator: Mix together 1 cup of coconut oil with 1/3 cup of brown sugar and mix it up. Best to use right before your go in the shower.
- Cuticle softener: Doing your nails? Ditch the chemically processed cuticle oils. Take a tiny bit of coconut oil, rub over your nail beds and kiss those cuticles goodbye!
- Lip balm: Just like any regular old lip balm, swipe your finger in coconut oil, apply to your lips and voila! Instant lip balm. If you feeling creative, there are many easy and great coconut oil lip balm recipes that you can find online.
- Bath bombs: Adding a ½ cup of coconut oil to your bath will take you away to a tropical escape and leave your skin feeling soft and fresh.
- Toothpaste: This one was the hardest for me at first but it does work! Begin by brushing your teeth with your regular tooth brush (no toothpaste). Then, take a pea-sized amount and place it in your mouth. Start swooshing it around in there and try to do this for about 5-10 minutes. Within a couple of days, you will start experiencing the long-term benefits such as no bad breath, healthy gums and a whiter smile!
- Massage oil: Using coconut oil as massage oil will make you feel like you are on a Caribbean island.
What are your favorite ways to use coconut oil?
This website contains general information about medical conditions, nutrition, health and diets.
To view our disclaimers click here.