By Lisa Shaker-Knopp (LowFatLowCarb.com)
I have battled my weight most all of my life. I have been heavy, thinner, heavy, thinner many times over the years. Some of the weight loss programs I participated in did not teach me the maintenance piece, and I never got to the root of my weight issues with most of those plans.
When I finally found the right plan for my body, a low-fat low-carb plan, my weight has remained under control now for 10 years. I learned some very interesting lessons on this long journey. It is hard, when you are heavy, to see some of the health and other benefits of losing weight until you do. I believe my weight loss changed my life, and saved my life.
Here are some examples of the benefits you may experience once you lose your weight:
- You will sleep better
- May notice better hair, nails and skin
- Have fun going to amusement parks, and can fit on rides you couldn’t
- Fit more comfortable in airplane and movie theatre seats
- Have better sex (and maybe more often)
- Have fun shopping for clothes
- Reduce medications
- Save money due to not needing as much medication and doctor visits
- Will find out who your true friends are
- Exercise, and move your body better
- Feel more confident, which may land you a better job and more money
- You will have more energy
- You may reduce your risk for cancer, cardiovascular disease, Diabetes and other health issues associated with obesity
- You won’t be as hungry, and your taste buds will change for the better
I can go on and on with examples of how your life might change when you finally lose your weight, but what won’t change is who you are at your core. You are the same person inside, but getting your outside to match your inside is the trick. And, not just for “looks”, but for your health and life!
It is not about being thin for others, but being healthy for yourself so that you can be the best version of you. Your life will change for the better.
How has losing weight changed your life?
This website contains general information about medical conditions, nutrition, health and diets.
To view our disclaimers click here.