Losing weight can be an overwhelming task, especially when you have a lot to lose
It is best to put one foot in front of the other and have some direction. Here are some guidelines to help you.
- OWN YOUR CHOICES. Staying in denial won’t help you. You must own the choices you have made, and choose where you are going. Don’t live in the past. Move forward, one step at a time.
- TAKE PHOTOS/ LOOK AT OLD PHOTOS. Photos do not lie, and they tell a story. You can keep a picture journal. Take a ‘before’ photo, and then once a month take another so you can see your progress. It really helps give you direction and motivation, more than the scale.
- HAVE FUN. Being on a weight loss journey does not have to be dreadful. You can still have fun and pleasure while you are on a mission of losing your unwanted fat. Don’t stay home and twiddle your thumbs and begrudge those around you. Learn to participate without the pressure of eating or drinking wrong. Eat before you go or bring your own food and be happy.
- DRINK YOUR WATER. You have heard it before, and it seems so simple, but yet so hard. Water, water, water. Find a way to get in in. Put lemon or limes in it, get a special container, do what you need to, but DRINK!
- KEEP A JOURNAL. This seems to be so hard for so many people, but studies show that keeping a written journal of some sort will really help you get your weight off, and KEEP it off. Use your smart phone and download a free app for journaling your food, or get a nice journal you can write your food and your thoughts down daily. This is a huge key to your success.
Once you get going on your weight loss journey, keep these thoughts in mind and you will reach your goals sooner and healthier, mentally and physically. Good luck.